Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
I made one of these for each of my renewing scrapbook club members in Danville!
Since this is an outline stamp, I paper pieced her clothes using some Cherry-O B&T paper for the apron and That's Amore B&T paper for the shirt and pants.
I also used the Picture Perfect Stamp set for the frame and camera! (The camera is raised on 3-D foam tape.)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
This project was originally created by CTMH Consultant Meredith Burgess. I've changed it just a little. (Thanks for the inspiration Meredith!)
Front of album:
Back of album:
Friday, June 25th at 6pm
RSVP by June 11th
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Cherry-O Opaques (Z1319) include 6 adhesive-backed designs made out of pearls and coordinates beautifully with our Cherry-O papers. Priced at just $4.95, you can create a lot of striking artwork with these beauties. Since I haven't had time to create myself this week, I want to share just a couple of projects from some other very talented Close To My Heart consultants.
The first is from my friend Lisa Stenz. She created a layout featuring these and actually cut part of the stem so that it looks like it is hanging from a letter.
She has other stunning artwork using these Opaques here.
This second one is from Christine David. She actually cut one apart to create a dragon fly and embellish the top of her card. (She also included the new Splendor Designer Brads.)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
The Scrapbook Spa Getaway is a luxurious weekend event, arriving on Thursday and departing on Sunday, in the secluded mountains of Utah, scrapbooking and being pampered to your heart's content. This beautiful autumn Getaway will feature oodles of free Close To My Heart products and instruction to create a 10-layout album, plus the album itself. We will also be treated to time with Jeanette Lynton, as well as a massage and a pedicure! The Getaway will be held October 7–10, 2010, and includes free airfare, transportation, accommodations, food, and loads of free Close To My Heart products. The Scrapbook Spa Getaway will be awarded to eight qualifying Consultants by special drawings at Convention 2010 in July.
Wouldn't YOU like to be included in a special getaway like this?
Contact me for more information or click here to join my team now!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Here is a layout of Lisa, Pam and I and a view from our hotel room. I used our Emporium papers and stickease:
Here is one of my favorites - the Revenge of the Mummy ride - using our Moon Doggie papers. I love how easy it was to just drag my digital photos to the layout and automatically resized it to fit! Of couse I still have options to move, enlarge, and crop the image with just a click of the mouse! And I was able to remove 2 of the photo wells and add stickease instead! So easy!
Here is one from the Simpson's Ride at Universal. I used our Animal Cookies paper and stickease! I even added some White cross ink distressing on the Dutch Blue cardstock. So simple!
My friend Pam volunteered at the special effects show and was chosen to demonstrate how the GREEN SCREEN works. She fought a giant cat and ate with the Clumps! It was hillarious!! For this layout I used one of our exclusive Studio J papers & stickease called "Boo".
Here is a layout of our Back Lot Tour using the Moon Doggie papers again. Lots of photos on this one - TEN - and I didn't have to print and trim one of them! Not a one!
For our Long Beach Marina day I chose another exclusive Studio J paper & stickease called "Splash Zone".
We even had the chance to tour the Queen Mary and have lunch aboard. For this layout I used our Majestic paper & stickease. I just love how EASY it is to ink distress and sandpaper distress with just the click of the mouse - plus I can adjust the intensity of the distressing from 0% to 100%!
At my team meeting last month, we made these cards using our new Splendor papers, our new Clear Cards, the new In the Month of May, In the Month of June, A Flitter, and Over the Rainbow stamp sets. SO fun!
Inside the card, I added a photo of my brother and me to give to my mom. On the inside front cover, there is a place to write a message.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Up first, of course, is our Cherry-O papers. All of our paper packs feature 6 different pattern papers with alternate possibilities on the back sides - a monochromatic, muted color and pattern, giving you 12 different patterns to choose from in each pack!! The Cherry-O papers are pefect for summer fun! You can distress these with chocolate for deep rich even masculine colors, or keep them bright and fresh with blues and pinks!
Here is our new Splendor paper - perfect for outdoors, gardens, and all kinds of summer fun! Again these can be distressed with Cocoa or Chocolate for rich warmth or keep them bright and fresh!!
Our next new paper pack is called Zippidee! Makes you smile just saying it! :o) These papers go PERFECTLY with your Disney memories, but have MANY other possibilities too!
And last, but certainly not least, is our new Passages paper pack perfect for travel or vintage layouts and projects! Even Father's Day cards and gifts! I can't wait to roll up my sleeves and start creating with this one!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Are you interested in earning exotic vacations for you and a guest?
Do you love to create and teach others?
Would you like to get a discount on all of your products everyday?
There has never been a better time to join Close To My Heart as a consultant and I'd love to have you join my incredible team. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have or if you already know this is a win-win deal, click here to sign up today!
Monday, May 3, 2010
For our free workshops, we learned how to make the flower that was on everyone's goodie bags, above. It is actually TWO different flowers combined.
We made the two flowers and attached one to a Mother's Day Card:
Then we added the other flower to a layout. Rather than layering the 3 petals, I left mine separate and added some paper flowers to the centers.
Friday, May 21st 6pm
Space is limited ~ contact me for more information or to reserve your spot today!
Come learn how to make this cute little gift bag and coordinating card. You'll also learn how to create the cool flowers shown on the bag and the card! You can interchange the flowers or break them into smaller clusters or combine them as one! I'll also show you how to make the cool leaves you see on the card, stamp rolling, and of course stamping on your tissue paper too! Come join the fun!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
You’ve taken the photos—now keep the memories. With Studio J™ online design software, you can create designer scrapbook layouts in minutes, ready to be custom printed for your cherished album.
I am sure you have a lot of questions, so I thought I would help to answer some of them. If you have questions that I haven't answered here, feel free to email me or post your questions and I will do my best to answer them for you. Here are a few FAQs ...
- What is Studio J™ Design Software? Studio J™ is free online scrapbooking design software brought to you by Close To My Heart. (Did I mention FREE?) Studio J helps you easily create custom-printed two-page layouts using our foundational scrapbook patterns, exclusive color palette, and themed designs all delivered in 12" × 12" custom prints ready for your albums. It’s a snap!
- Is Studio J easy to use? Studio J software is extremely intuitive and easy to use. The program walks you through five steps that include:
uploading your photos
choosing your desired themed kit
selecting an exclusive layout pattern
adding photos, embellishments, titles, and journaling
purchasing custom-printed layouts ready for a cherished album
It’s super simple and extremely fun to use!
- I love Close To My Heart products. Will Studio J use the same great papers, patterns, colors, and embellishments? Of course! If you love Close To My Heart’s scrapbooking philosophy, then you will love Studio J.
- Do I need to download any software to my computer to use Studio J? Not at all! You only need an Internet connection, and then you simply log in to my MyCTMH website and click on the Studio J link to get started. Feel free to design to your heart’s content—you are not required to buy anything or provide any personal information to get started!
- Can I save what I am working on and come back to it later? You bet! You can create a customer profile that allows you to save and return to a project in progress at a later time. Your active projects will be saved for up to 90 days, giving you plenty of time to work on them. You extend that timeline for your active projects by 90 days each time you make a purchase, and your purchased projects will remain archived for one full year after purchase.
- Do I need a printer that can print 12" × 12" pages to use Studio J? No. Your Studio J layouts are not available for you to print from a home computer. In fact, we take care of the printing for you. When you purchase your designed layouts, we print and ship them quickly and directly to you using only top quality printing technology and archival-quality papers.
- What kind of printing or processing is used when I purchase Studio J layouts?
Studio J layouts are processed, not printed, using a silver-halide process considered the highest standard in the photo developing industry. Unlike printed papers or images you might print from a home photo printer, the silver-halide process yields “100-year+ quality” that has long been tested and used by the top photo labs in the world. We use the same papers and equipment used by leading labs to produce long-lasting photo prints, so you know your layout will be reproduced with high fidelity and will last throughout the years.
- What is the price? You are not charged a thing until you order your custom prints. The price per printed two-page layout is $12.95. We also offer some fantastic rewards for larger orders. You can receive FREE Memory Protectors® to protect your layouts in your albums, and FREE shipping/handling based on the number of layout prints you purchase in a single order as follows:
For 5–9 layout purchases: You’ll receive a pack of 5 Memory Protectors FREE!
For 10–20 layout purchases: You’ll receive FREE shipping/handling PLUS a FREE pack of 5 Memory Protectors for every 5 layouts in your single order.
- When can I begin creating with Studio J? It's available NOW! Simply visit my website by clicking here and the fun begins!
I've got some fun incentives for those willing to try Studio J! Email me for all the details!!
Click here to see the stamp set and how you can get it at a discount or FREE!